64 micro braids!
When I did it before, I always had my sister to help me. She would do the top half of each braid and then pass it to me to finish while she started the next one. It usually took us about 3 hours.
But this time there were several factors adding time.
1. I braided yarn into each one to make it easier to braid all the way to the ends, so the braids were longer.
2. In addition to that, my hair is about 8 inches longer than it was the last time we did this.
3. I realized too late that I was using smaller sections than we did before.
4. It took longer to section the hair because I can’t see what I’m doing, my sister always did that part.
5. My arms were getting really tired. The more tired they got, the slower I worked.
I’m going to see how long I can leave them in. I rinsed my hair/scalp in the shower on day 2 because I had spent all day outside in 100+ degrees and lots of sweat. These photos were taken today, day 5. There’s a little fuzz, but it still looks presentable. I’m going to rinse again today because my scalp is getting a bit itchy. I may try using a little conditioner as well.